PERSONAL DELIVERANCE PRAYERS: 8 POWERFUL DAILY STEPS WITH BIBLE VERSES

                          

PERSONAL DELIVERANCE PRAYERS: 8 POWERFUL DAILY STEPS WITH BIBLE VERSES

Key Scripture

2 Timothy 4:18 (KJV)

“And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen”

Introduction: Make Personal Deliverance Prayer Part of Your Daily Life

Personal deliverance prayer is a time to seek God's intervention, renounce sin and destructive influences, stand upon His Word, and surrender every area of your life to Jesus Christ.

There are times when you may feel spiritually discouraged, trapped in destructive habits, overwhelmed by fear, or troubled by recurring problems. In such moments, turn to God in prayer. Ask Him to strengthen you, expose what needs to change, heal your wounds, and give you victory over everything that draws you away from His will.

The Bible declares in Psalm 34:17:

“The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.”

You can pray these prayers in the morning before beginning your activities or at night before going to bed. You may also use them during a dedicated time of fasting and prayer, according to your circumstances and health.

Important: These steps are a Christian prayer practice, not a guaranteed formula for diagnosing or removing demons. Do not stop prescribed medication or medical treatment, or assume that seizures, suicidal thoughts, poverty, illness, or other difficulties prove demonic activity. Prayer can accompany appropriate medical, psychological, and practical support.

STEP ONE: PRAISE AND WORSHIP

Begin by praising God for who He is and thanking Him for His mercy, faithfulness, protection, and salvation through Jesus Christ.

Praise helps you turn your attention to God rather than allowing fear to dominate your thoughts.

Psalm 100:4 (KJV)

“Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.”

Prayer of Praise

Heavenly Father, I thank You for the gift of life and for Your mercy over me and my household. I praise You because You are my Deliverer, my Refuge, my Strength, and my Shield.

Thank You for the victory Jesus Christ accomplished through His death and resurrection. Thank You because I can come before Your throne in prayer and receive mercy and grace in my time of need.

Let every fear, discouragement, and heaviness give way to renewed faith as I seek Your presence. Fill my heart with gratitude, strengthen my spirit, and help me trust You in every circumstance.

In the mighty name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

STEP TWO: SCRIPTURE CONFESSION

The Word of God strengthens faith, renews the mind, and reminds believers of God's promises. Read these Scriptures aloud, meditate on them, and memorize the ones that speak especially to your circumstances.

1. Luke 10:19 — Authority Through Christ

“Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy.”

Confession: Through Jesus Christ, I will stand firm against evil and refuse to surrender my faith to fear.

2. Ephesians 1:7 — Redemption Through His Blood

“In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace.”

Confession: Through Jesus Christ, I receive God's forgiveness and grace. My hope rests in His finished work.

3. Romans 16:20 — God Will Crush Satan

“And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly.”

Confession: The God of peace will strengthen me to resist evil, reject deception, and walk in obedience to His Word.

4. Revelation 12:11 — Victory Through Christ

“And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony.”

Confession: My confidence is in Jesus Christ. I will testify to His goodness and remain faithful to Him.

5. Colossians 2:14–15 — Christ's Triumph

These verses describe Christ cancelling the record of debt that stood against us and triumphing over rulers and authorities through the cross.

Confession: I stand in the redemption and victory of Jesus Christ. Condemnation will not separate me from God's grace as I walk in repentance and faith.

6. Galatians 3:13–14 — Redemption From the Curse of the Law

These verses teach that Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law and opened the way for the blessing promised through Abraham.

Confession: Through Jesus Christ, I receive God's grace and seek to walk in the freedom and new life He gives.

7. Psalm 91 — God Our Refuge

Psalm 91 declares God's protection and calls His people to trust Him as their refuge and fortress.

Confession: The Lord is my refuge and my fortress. I will trust Him, walk in wisdom, and seek His guidance and protection.

8. 2 Timothy 4:18 — The Lord Will Deliver Me

“And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen”

Memorize this verse. Speak it when you feel discouraged, tempted, or afraid. Remember that Paul wrote these words while facing severe opposition, yet his confidence remained in the Lord's ultimate deliverance.

Daily confession: The Lord is my Deliverer. He will strengthen me to resist evil, preserve my faith, and guide me in His truth. My life belongs to Jesus Christ. Amen.

STEP THREE: BREAK EVERY UNGODLY COVENANT AND RENOUNCE CURSES

The Bible teaches that Christ has redeemed believers and calls them to turn away from sin, idolatry, and every practice contrary to God.

If you have knowingly participated in an ungodly agreement, occult practice, or sinful commitment, confess it to God, renounce it, and choose obedience to Jesus Christ. Do not live in fear that every family problem or setback proves that a hidden covenant exists.

Galatians 3:13 (KJV)

“Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us.”

Prayer Points

  1. Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, I surrender every area of my life to Your authority and renounce every commitment that contradicts Your Word.
  2. Every ungodly agreement I knowingly entered into, I renounce and reject; give me grace to walk in obedience to Jesus Christ, in the name of Jesus.
  3. Every sinful pattern passed down through my family that I have continued, help me break its hold through repentance, truth, and godly living, in the name of Jesus.
  4. Every word of condemnation that I have accepted as the final verdict over my life, I reject it and stand upon the truth of God's Word, in the name of Jesus.
  5. Father, let the redemption of Jesus Christ shape my identity, my decisions, my relationships, and my future, in the name of Jesus.

Declaration

I belong to Jesus Christ. I renounce every practice contrary to His Word. I will not live under condemnation or be ruled by fear. Through Christ, I will walk in truth, obedience, and freedom. Amen.

STEP FOUR: RESIST EVERY EVIL INFLUENCE

The original prayer instruction speaks of binding spirits associated with broken covenants and curses. You can pray for God's protection and for freedom from temptation, destructive habits, deception, and harmful influences.

James 4:7 (KJV)

“Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”

Prayer Points

  1. In the name of Jesus Christ, I reject every evil influence that seeks to draw me away from God and His truth.
  2. Every habit of sin, deception, bitterness, and destructive behaviour, lose your hold over my life as I submit myself to God, in the name of Jesus.
  3. Father, strengthen me to resist temptation and to flee from every situation that threatens my spiritual life, in the name of Jesus.
  4. Every pattern of fear, confusion, and discouragement that weakens my faith, be overcome by the truth of God's Word, in the name of Jesus.
  5. Holy Spirit, guide my decisions, guard my heart, and help me recognize and reject whatever is harmful, in the name of Jesus.

Declaration

I submit myself to God. I resist evil and reject deception. I will walk in the truth of God's Word and depend on the Holy Spirit for wisdom, strength, and self-control.

STEP FIVE: PRAY FOR THE SANCTIFICATION AND HEALING OF YOUR BODY

Your original instruction recommends laying one hand on the head and the other on the belly button while praying, “Holy Ghost fire, burn from the top of my head to the sole of my feet.”

If this posture helps you concentrate, you may use it as a personal prayer practice. It is not necessary for God to hear your prayer, and there is no need to press hard on your body or perform any action that causes discomfort.

You may pray for God's healing, protection, and sanctification throughout your body without imagining that a physical illness necessarily indicates a spirit inside an organ.

Romans 12:1 (KJV)

“Present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.”

Prayer Points

  1. Father, I present my body, soul, and spirit to You as a living sacrifice; let my whole life honour You, in the name of Jesus.
  2. Holy Spirit, purify my thoughts, desires, motives, and actions, and help me walk in holiness, in the name of Jesus.
  3. Lord, let Your healing hand rest upon every part of my body that needs healing, strength, and restoration, in the name of Jesus.
  4. Father, strengthen my mind, brain, heart, stomach, blood, intestines, liver, kidneys, and every other part of my body according to Your will, in the name of Jesus.
  5. Every destructive habit that damages my body or weakens my wellbeing, help me overcome it through Your grace and wisdom, in the name of Jesus.
  6. O Lord, grant me wisdom to care for my body, seek appropriate medical attention, and follow the guidance that supports my recovery, in the name of Jesus.
  7. Let my body become an instrument of righteousness, service, and worship to You, in the name of Jesus.

Declaration

My body belongs to God. I will care for it wisely, seek help when necessary, and trust the Lord for strength and healing. My life will glorify Jesus Christ.

STEP SIX: PRAY FOR CLEANSING THROUGH THE BLOOD OF JESUS

The blood of Jesus is central to the Christian message of redemption, forgiveness, and reconciliation with God.

1 John 1:7 (KJV)

“And the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.”

You may repeat the prayer, “I place my spirit, soul, and body in God's hands through the redemption of Jesus Christ.” This expresses trust in His saving work.

The phrases “I drink the blood of Jesus” and “I swallow the fire of the Holy Ghost” are used in some deliverance traditions as figurative expressions. They are not physical instructions: do not drink blood, swallow fire, or ingest any substance as a deliverance ritual.

Prayer Points

  1. Father, I thank You for the precious blood of Jesus Christ through which I receive redemption and forgiveness, in the name of Jesus.
  2. Let every burden of guilt and condemnation be replaced with repentance, forgiveness, and the assurance of Your grace, in the name of Jesus.
  3. I surrender my spirit, soul, and body into Your hands; keep me steadfast in faith and obedience, in the name of Jesus.
  4. Let every accusation that draws me away from Your truth be answered by the redemption and righteousness I receive through Christ, in the name of Jesus.
  5. Father, wash my heart from bitterness, pride, hatred, and every sinful attitude, and teach me to walk in love, in the name of Jesus.

Declaration

I have redemption through Jesus Christ. I receive God's forgiveness and grace. I will not live in condemnation, but I will walk in repentance, faith, holiness, and obedience.

STEP SEVEN: PRAY FOR FREEDOM FROM DESTRUCTIVE HABITS, TEMPTATIONS, AND AFFLICTIONS

Your original instruction calls for commanding every spirit that is not of God to leave in the name of Jesus. You can retain the warfare emphasis by praying forcefully against sin, destructive patterns, oppression, fear, and every influence that contradicts God's will.

The examples below are areas for prayer, not proof that a person has a demon. Seizures require medical evaluation; suicidal thoughts require immediate support; and sexual orientation is not an illness or evidence of demonic activity.

John 8:36 (KJV)

“If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.”

Prayer Points

  1. In the name of Jesus Christ, I reject every influence that seeks to enslave me to sin, deception, or destructive behaviour.
  2. Every habit of sexual immorality that I have chosen to engage in, I renounce; Lord, strengthen me to live according to Your Word, in the name of Jesus.
  3. Every pattern of failure caused by poor decisions, discouragement, or lack of preparation, be replaced with wisdom, diligence, and perseverance, in the name of Jesus.
  4. Every cycle of unnecessary delay and unproductive behaviour in my life, be broken as God guides me into wise action and steady progress, in the name of Jesus.
  5. Every destructive habit that contributes to financial hardship, teach me discipline, diligence, and sound stewardship, in the name of Jesus.
  6. Father, deliver me from thoughts of self-harm and despair; surround me with help, hope, and the support I need, in the name of Jesus.
  7. Lord, strengthen me through every physical illness or mental struggle, and guide me to appropriate care and recovery, in the name of Jesus.
  8. Every influence that encourages hatred, cruelty, dishonesty, or exploitation, be removed from my conduct as I submit myself to Christ, in the name of Jesus.
  9. Father, deliver me from every form of addiction and compulsive behaviour; give me the courage to seek help and remain committed to recovery, in the name of Jesus.
  10. Let every area of my life held back by fear, destructive habits, or poor decisions receive Your wisdom and direction, in the name of Jesus.

A Short Prayer of Freedom

In the name of Jesus Christ, I reject sin, deception, destructive habits, and every influence that draws me away from God. I surrender my mind, emotions, choices, and future to the Lord. Give me strength to resist temptation, courage to seek help, and grace to follow the path of truth and righteousness. Let my life reflect the freedom Christ gives. Amen.

Breathing and Quiet Reflection

Your original instructions suggest taking a deep breath and breathing out several times after praying. If you find this calming, sit comfortably and breathe gently and normally for a few moments. Do not force your breathing or hold your breath. Stop if you feel dizzy or uncomfortable.

Use this time to reflect on God's Word, calm your thoughts, and ask the Holy Spirit to guide you. You do not have to experience a physical sensation to prove that your prayer has been heard.

STEP EIGHT: ASK THE HOLY SPIRIT TO FILL YOU ANEW

After praying for deliverance, ask God to fill you with the Holy Spirit and help you live a life of faith, love, wisdom, and obedience.

Deliverance prayer should lead you towards a closer relationship with Christ, not a life dominated by fear of evil spirits.

Ephesians 5:18 (KJV)

“Be filled with the Spirit.”

Psalm 51:10 (KJV)

“Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.”

Prayer Points

  1. Holy Spirit, fill me afresh and renew my love for Jesus Christ, in the name of Jesus.
  2. Father, create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit within me, in the name of Jesus.
  3. Every spiritual weakness that keeps me from prayer, Scripture, and fellowship with God, help me overcome it, in the name of Jesus.
  4. Let the fruit of the Holy Spirit grow in my life: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control, in the name of Jesus.
  5. Father, give me discernment to recognize false teaching and wisdom to test what I hear against Your Word, in the name of Jesus.
  6. Let my prayer life become stronger and more consistent, and teach me to depend on You daily, in the name of Jesus.
  7. Help me forgive those who have offended me and seek forgiveness where I have caused harm, in the name of Jesus.
  8. Let Your Word guide my thoughts, decisions, relationships, and daily activities, in the name of Jesus.

ADDITIONAL DAILY WARFARE PRAYERS

Pray these final ten points to reinforce your commitment to spiritual growth, protection, and godly living.

  1. Every plan or temptation that seeks to draw me away from Christ, let me recognize it and stand firm in the truth, in the name of Jesus.
  2. Father, protect my household and give us wisdom to make decisions that promote peace, safety, and righteousness, in the name of Jesus.
  3. Every cycle of fear, confusion, and discouragement, be replaced with faith, sound judgment, and the peace of God, in the name of Jesus.
  4. Lord, deliver me from people-pleasing, manipulation, and unhealthy relationships; give me courage to establish wise boundaries, in the name of Jesus.
  5. Every destructive word I have accepted about myself, help me replace it with the truth of Your Word, in the name of Jesus.
  6. Father, guide my work, finances, relationships, and responsibilities, and give me the discipline to do what is right, in the name of Jesus.
  7. Let every hidden weakness in my character be exposed so that I may repent, grow, and become more like Christ, in the name of Jesus.
  8. Lord, strengthen me to remain faithful when I face opposition, disappointment, or delay, in the name of Jesus.
  9. Let my life bear lasting fruit through prayer, obedience, love, service, and the power of the Holy Spirit, in the name of Jesus.
  10. I declare that I will continue to trust God, stand upon His Word, and follow Jesus Christ all the days of my life, in the name of Jesus.

DAILY PERSONAL DELIVERANCE DECLARATIONS

Speak these declarations aloud every morning or night.

  • Jesus Christ is my Lord and Saviour.
  • I belong to God, and my hope is in Him.
  • I will not be ruled by fear or condemnation.
  • I renounce every sinful practice and destructive habit.
  • I will stand firmly upon the Word of God.
  • I receive God's grace to resist temptation.
  • My mind will be renewed by the truth of Scripture.
  • I will seek wisdom and appropriate help when I need it.
  • I will walk in love, holiness, courage, and self-control.
  • The Lord will strengthen me to remain faithful.
  • I will pray consistently and trust God through every season.
  • My life will bring glory to Jesus Christ.

CLOSING PRAYER

Heavenly Father, I thank You for hearing my prayers. I surrender my life completely to You. Forgive my sins, cleanse my heart, renew my mind, and deliver me from every influence and habit that draws me away from Your will.

In the name of Jesus Christ, strengthen me to resist temptation, overcome destructive patterns, and walk in truth. Heal my wounds, restore my hope, and give me wisdom for every decision I must make.

Holy Spirit, fill me afresh. Help me grow in prayer, understand Your Word, and walk in holiness, love, and obedience. Protect my household, guide my steps, and keep me faithful to Jesus Christ.

I trust in Your mercy and stand upon Your promises. Let my life testify to Your goodness and grace.

In the mighty name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

SHARE YOUR TESTIMONY

If these personal deliverance prayers have encouraged you or helped you grow in faith, share your testimony. Your experience may encourage another believer who is seeking God's help, renewal, and spiritual strength.

NEED PRAYER OR SPIRITUAL GUIDANCE?

Pastor Teddy Omozegbai

Call: +2348034051701 | +2348085989393

WhatsApp: +2348034051701

Follow Arena for Prayers for Bible-based prayers on deliverance, healing, restoration, breakthrough, protection, and spiritual warfare.

RELATED ARTICLES

  • 50 Powerful Deliverance Prayers With Bible Verses
  • 50 Powerful Warfare Prayers for Divine Protection With Bible Verses
  • 50 Powerful Prayers Against Evil Oppression With Bible Verses
  • 50 Powerful Prayers for Spiritual Strength and Victory With Bible Verses
  • 50 Powerful Prayers to Break Destructive Habits With Bible Verses

Comments

Popular Posts