50 Powerful Prayer Points for Deliverance from Addiction and Complete Freedom

50 Powerful Prayer Points for Deliverance from Addiction and Complete Freedom

Key Bible Passages

John 8:36

“If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.”

2 Corinthians 3:17

“Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.”

Romans 6:14

“For sin shall not have dominion over you.”

Galatians 5:1

“Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free.”

1 Corinthians 6:12

“I will not be brought under the power of any.”

Psalm 34:17

“The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.”

Introduction

Are you struggling with addiction and desperately looking for powerful prayers for deliverance, freedom, healing, and restoration?

Have you tried to stop but keep returning to the same habit?

Do you feel as though something has gained control over your thoughts, desires, emotions, or actions?

Addiction can become a painful cycle.

A person may promise to stop, experience temporary victory, and then fall back into the same behavior.

This can produce shame, guilt, frustration, secrecy, broken relationships, financial problems, physical consequences, and spiritual weakness.

But addiction does not have to become your permanent identity.

The Bible says:

“If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.” — John 8:36

God can give you strength to seek freedom, wisdom to make necessary changes, courage to ask for help, and grace to continue walking toward recovery.

These 50 powerful prayer points for deliverance from addiction and complete freedom are written in an intense warfare and deliverance pattern.

Pray them with faith.

Pray them consistently.

But do not fight addiction through prayer alone when additional help is needed.

Addiction can involve physical dependence, psychological factors, trauma, mental health concerns, and changes in the brain. Seeking qualified medical, counseling, rehabilitation, or addiction-recovery support is not a lack of faith.

Ask God to guide you toward the right help.

Do not hide the struggle.

Do not allow shame to keep you isolated.

Bring the battle into the light.

Pray.

Seek help.

Remove access to the addictive substance or behavior where possible.

Avoid environments and relationships that repeatedly pull you back into the addiction.

Take one faithful step at a time.

Freedom is worth fighting for.

What the Bible Says About Freedom from Bondage

1. Jesus Gives True Freedom

Jesus said:

“If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.” — John 8:36

Your addiction does not have the final word.

Christ is greater than every bondage.


2. You Do Not Have to Remain Under the Power of a Habit

Paul said:

“I will not be brought under the power of any.” — 1 Corinthians 6:12

An addictive habit can feel powerful, but it does not have to control your entire life.

Ask God for strength to regain self-control and make wise choices.


3. Stand Firm After Deliverance

Galatians 5:1 says:

“Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free.”

Freedom must be protected.

After making progress, avoid deliberately returning to the environments, relationships, substances, or behaviors that feed the addiction.


4. Renew Your Mind

Romans 12:2 teaches about the renewing of the mind.

Freedom involves more than stopping a behavior.

You may need to change the thoughts, routines, environments, relationships, and emotional patterns connected to the addiction.

Ask God to renew your mind.


5. Resist Temptation

James 4:7 says:

“Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”

Resistance may include prayer, accountability, professional treatment, boundaries, avoiding triggers, and refusing to return to destructive environments.

Do not underestimate the importance of practical action.

Biblical Examples of Deliverance and Restoration

The Prodigal Son

The prodigal son entered a destructive lifestyle but eventually came to himself and returned home.

Luke 15:11–24

His story shows that a person can recognize a destructive path and choose to return.

Samson

Samson experienced repeated weaknesses and poor decisions.

Yet near the end of his life, he cried to God.

Judges 16:28

His story reminds us of the consequences of uncontrolled desires and the importance of turning to God.

Peter

Peter experienced failure and denial but was restored by Jesus.

John 21:15–17

Failure did not have to become his permanent identity.

The Demoniac

The man described in Mark 5 experienced severe bondage and isolation.

Jesus delivered him, and afterward he was found:

“sitting, and clothed, and in his right mind.” — Mark 5:15

His story is a powerful picture of restoration.

Practical Ways to Fight Addiction

1. Admit the Problem

Do not hide from the truth.

Acknowledging the problem is not weakness.

It is a step toward freedom.

2. Pray Consistently

Bring the struggle before God every day.

Ask for strength before temptation becomes overwhelming.

3. Seek Appropriate Help

Speak with a qualified healthcare professional, counselor, addiction specialist, pastor, or trusted support person.

Depending on the addiction, suddenly stopping can sometimes be dangerous, so professional guidance may be important.

4. Identify Your Triggers

Ask yourself:

When do I usually relapse?

It may be connected to:

  • Stress
  • Loneliness
  • Certain friends
  • Certain places
  • Anger
  • Fear
  • Boredom
  • Financial pressure
  • Trauma
  • Particular times of day
  • Emotional pain

Knowing your triggers helps you prepare.

5. Remove Access

Where reasonably possible, remove substances, materials, contacts, apps, websites, or environments that repeatedly encourage the addiction.

6. Build Accountability

Do not fight alone.

Find trustworthy people who can pray with you, encourage you, and help you remain accountable.

7. Replace the Old Pattern

Do not simply remove a destructive habit.

Replace it with healthy routines.

Prayer.

Scripture.

Exercise.

Work.

Rest.

Healthy relationships.

Counseling.

Service.

Constructive activities.

8. Do Not Let Relapse Become Surrender

If you fall, do not conclude that freedom is impossible.

Get back up.

Examine what happened.

Seek help.

Return to your recovery plan.

Keep moving.

Powerful Bible Verses for Deliverance from Addiction

John 8:36 — “If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.”

Romans 6:14 — “For sin shall not have dominion over you.”

Galatians 5:1 — “Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free.”

2 Corinthians 3:17 — “Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.”

Psalm 34:17 — “The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.”

Philippians 4:13 — “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”

1 Corinthians 10:13 — God provides a way of escape from temptation.

Psalm 40:1–2 — David describes God bringing him out of a horrible pit and establishing his steps.

Preparing Your Heart Before You Pray

Before praying these warfare prayers, be honest with God.

Do not hide the struggle.

Tell God exactly what you are dealing with.

Ask Him to expose the root of the problem.

Ask Him to give you strength.

Ask Him to give you self-control.

Ask Him to remove destructive influences.

Ask Him to connect you with the right people and resources.

Ask Him to help you recognize your triggers.

Ask Him to give you courage to seek professional help when necessary.

Then make a decision:

“I will not surrender to this bondage.”

Pray with faith.

But also act on the wisdom God gives you.

Powerful Prayer for Deliverance from Addiction

Heavenly Father,

I come before You in the mighty name of Jesus Christ.

Father, You know the addiction I am struggling with.

You know how it began.

You know how it has affected my life.

You know every secret battle, every temptation, every relapse, and every moment of weakness.

Lord, have mercy upon me.

Give me strength to break free from this destructive pattern.

Every power of addiction controlling my life, lose your hold, in the name of Jesus.

Every destructive habit that has become a stronghold in my life, be broken, in the name of Jesus.

Every voice telling me that I can never change, be silenced, in the name of Jesus.

Every cycle of temptation and relapse, break by the power of God, in the name of Jesus.

Father, renew my mind.

Give me self-control.

Give me discipline.

Give me courage.

Give me wisdom.

Expose every trigger that keeps pulling me back.

Give me strength to walk away from every destructive environment.

Remove every wrong connection contributing to my bondage.

Connect me with people who will help me walk in freedom.

Give me grace to seek appropriate professional and spiritual help.

Heal the wounds, pain, trauma, loneliness, fear, or emotional struggles that may be feeding this addiction.

Father, restore what addiction has damaged.

Restore my health.

Restore my peace.

Restore my relationships.

Restore my purpose.

Restore my finances according to Your mercy.

Restore my confidence.

Restore my spiritual strength.

I declare that addiction will not define me.

I belong to Jesus Christ.

I will not remain a slave to this bondage.

I will rise again.

I will recover.

I will walk in freedom.

I will become a testimony of God's mercy.

In the mighty name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

50 Prayer Points for Deliverance from Addiction and Complete Freedom

Thanksgiving — 1–10

  • Father, I thank You because Your mercy is greater than my weakness, in the name of Jesus.
  • Lord, I thank You because You have not abandoned me in my struggle, in the name of Jesus.
  • Father, I thank You for giving me another opportunity to seek freedom and restoration, in the name of Jesus.
  • Lord, I thank You because there is hope for my life through Jesus Christ, in the name of Jesus.
  • Father, I thank You for every person You will use to help me on my journey to freedom, in the name of Jesus.
  • Lord, I thank You for every measure of strength You have already given me, in the name of Jesus.
  • Father, I thank You because my addiction will not have the final word over my life, in the name of Jesus.
  • Lord, I thank You for Your grace that gives me strength to rise again after failure, in the name of Jesus.
  • Father, I thank You for every door of healing, counseling, recovery, and restoration You will open for me, in the name of Jesus.
  • Lord, I thank You because You are able to restore my life and establish me in freedom, in the name of Jesus.

Main Warfare Prayer Points — 11–45

  • Every power of addiction controlling my life, lose your hold, in the name of Jesus.
  • Every destructive habit that has become a stronghold in my life, break by fire, in the name of Jesus.
  • Every cycle of addiction and relapse, break now, in the name of Jesus.
  • Every power pushing me back into destructive behavior after every attempt to stop, be destroyed, in the name of Jesus.
  • Every voice telling me that I can never be free, be silenced, in the name of Jesus.
  • Every spirit of hopelessness connected to my addiction, depart from me, in the name of Jesus.
  • Every chain of bondage around my mind, emotions, desires, and behavior, break by the power of God, in the name of Jesus.
  • Every destructive craving that repeatedly overpowers my good intentions, lose your strength, in the name of Jesus.
  • Every satanic pattern feeding my addiction, be destroyed, in the name of Jesus.
  • Father, expose every hidden root contributing to my addiction, in the name of Jesus.
  • Lord, renew my mind and transform my thought patterns, in the name of Jesus.
  • Father, give me supernatural strength to resist temptation, in the name of Jesus.
  • Every power of compulsive behavior working against my freedom, be broken, in the name of Jesus.
  • Every emotional wound feeding this addiction, receive healing according to Your mercy, in the name of Jesus.
  • Father, heal every pain, trauma, rejection, loneliness, fear, or disappointment that has contributed to my destructive behavior, in the name of Jesus.
  • Every relationship that continually pulls me back into addiction, be removed from my path, in the name of Jesus.
  • Father, disconnect me from every environment that continually feeds my addiction, in the name of Jesus.
  • Lord, give me courage to walk away from every temptation that threatens my freedom, in the name of Jesus.
  • Every destructive influence speaking into my life, lose your power, in the name of Jesus.
  • Father, give me discernment to recognize my triggers before they overcome me, in the name of Jesus.
  • Lord, give me wisdom to replace destructive habits with healthy and productive routines, in the name of Jesus.
  • Father, connect me with trustworthy people who will encourage and support my recovery, in the name of Jesus.
  • Lord, give me humility to receive correction and appropriate help, in the name of Jesus.
  • Father, guide me to qualified professionals, counselors, support groups, pastors, and helpers who can contribute positively to my recovery, in the name of Jesus.
  • Every shame and condemnation keeping me isolated, be broken, in the name of Jesus.
  • Father, restore my confidence and self-respect, in the name of Jesus.
  • Every power using addiction to destroy my relationships, be destroyed, in the name of Jesus.
  • Father, restore healthy relationships that have been damaged by my addiction, according to Your mercy, in the name of Jesus.
  • Every destructive financial pattern connected to my addiction, be broken, in the name of Jesus.
  • Father, restore the opportunities, time, resources, and progress lost through addiction, according to Your mercy, in the name of Jesus.
  • Every power assigned to destroy my purpose through addiction, be frustrated, in the name of Jesus.
  • Father, restore my spiritual hunger, prayer life, discipline, and desire for Your Word, in the name of Jesus.
  • Every spirit of discouragement that tells me to give up, be destroyed, in the name of Jesus.
  • Father, give me grace to stand again whenever I stumble, in the name of Jesus.
  • Lord, establish me in lasting freedom, healthy discipline, sound judgment, and complete restoration, in the name of Jesus.

Thanksgiving & Declarations — 46–50

  • Father, I thank You because I am not without hope and Your grace is available to help me, in the name of Jesus.
  • I declare that addiction will not define my identity or determine my future, in the name of Jesus.
  • I declare that I will seek wisdom, receive appropriate help, resist destructive patterns, and continue moving toward freedom, in the name of Jesus.
  • I declare that my mind, relationships, purpose, health, and spiritual life are being restored according to God's mercy, in the name of Jesus.
  • Father, I thank You because You are leading me toward freedom, healing, restoration, and a new beginning; establish me in lasting victory, in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Declaration of Faith

I am not my addiction.

I am not my past.

I am not my failures.

I am not condemned.

I am not hopeless.

Jesus Christ is greater than my bondage.

I will not surrender.

I will seek help.

I will accept accountability.

I will resist destructive patterns.

I will learn from my mistakes.

I will rise again.

My mind is being renewed.

My strength is being restored.

My relationships can be restored.

My purpose is not dead.

My future is not finished.

I am moving toward freedom.

I am becoming stronger.

I will not be brought under the power of addiction.

Through Christ, I can walk in freedom.

In the mighty name of Jesus Christ.

Amen.

Final Encouragement

If you are battling addiction, do not allow shame to convince you that you are beyond help.

You are not beyond God's mercy.

But do not hide the battle.

Bring it before God.

Seek appropriate help.

Identify your triggers.

Build accountability.

Remove destructive influences.

Pray consistently.

If you relapse, do not give up.

Get back up.

Learn what triggered the relapse.

Seek help again.

Continue moving forward.

Remember the words of Jesus:

“If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.” — John 8:36

Freedom may involve a process, but every right step matters.

Your addiction does not have to be the end of your story.

God can lead you toward healing, restoration, strength, wisdom, and a new beginning.

In the mighty name of Jesus Christ.

Amen.

Related Articles

  • 50 Powerful Prayer Points Against Demonic Oppression in the Family
  • 50 Powerful Prayer Points for a Life That Is Under Spiritual Attack
  • 50 Powerful Prayer Points for Deliverance from Evil Dreams
  • How to Pray When You Are Experiencing Unusual Spiritual Battles
  • 50 Powerful Prayer Points for Breaking Cycles of Failure and Disappointment
  • 50 Powerful Prayer Points for Divine Intervention
  • 50 Powerful Prayer Points for Complete Victory Over the Powers of Darkness

Need Prayer or Spiritual Guidance?

If you need prayer, spiritual guidance, or would like us to stand with you in prayer, you can contact us:

Phone: +2348034051701 | +2348085989393

WhatsApp: +2348034051701

May the Lord strengthen you in your battle, give you wisdom to seek the right help, break every destructive pattern according to His will, and lead you into healing, restoration, and lasting freedom, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Pastor Teddy Omozegbai

Comments

Popular Posts