How to Pray When Deliverance Seems Delayed: Bible Verses and 50 Powerful Prayer Points
How to Pray When Deliverance Seems Delayed: Bible Verses and 50 Powerful Prayer Points
Introduction
There are seasons when a person has prayed repeatedly about the same situation and still does not see the expected change.
You may have prayed for deliverance.
You may have fasted.
You may have cried before God.
You may have attended prayer meetings.
You may have received prayer from other believers.
Yet the situation appears unchanged.
At such a time, one of the most difficult questions can be:
“Lord, how long will I wait before I see my deliverance?”
If you are in such a season, do not assume that God has forgotten you.
The Bible contains many examples of people who waited for God's intervention.
Some answers came quickly.
Others waited for a considerable period.
The important lesson is that a delay in seeing the answer does not mean that God is absent.
Psalm 27:14
“Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.”
Waiting can be difficult, but it can also become a season of deeper faith, prayer, spiritual growth, wisdom, and dependence upon God.
What Does It Mean When Deliverance Seems Delayed?
When someone says that deliverance seems delayed, it can mean that they have been praying about a difficult situation without seeing the change they expected.
The situation could involve:
- Repeated temptation
- Fear
- Family difficulties
- Financial pressure
- Persistent opposition
- Emotional distress
- A destructive habit
- A difficult relationship
- A long-standing problem
- Spiritual weakness
- A desire for freedom from a particular form of bondage
However, it is important not to assume that every delay is caused by a demon.
Sometimes a difficult situation requires prayer, patience, wisdom, repentance, practical action, medical or professional assistance where appropriate, or godly counsel.
The Christian response is not to become afraid.
The Christian response is to continue seeking God while using wisdom and taking appropriate action.
Does Delayed Deliverance Mean God Has Rejected You?
No.
A delay does not automatically mean rejection.
Consider Joseph.
God had given Joseph dreams concerning his future, yet Joseph went through betrayal, slavery, and imprisonment before seeing the fulfillment of what God had shown him.
Psalm 105:18-19
“Whose feet they hurt with fetters: he was laid in iron: Until the time that his word came...”
There was a period between the promise and the fulfillment.
Joseph's waiting season did not mean that God had abandoned him.
Biblical People Who Waited for God's Intervention
Abraham
Abraham received a promise from God, but he had to wait.
Romans 4:20-21
“He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith...”
His story teaches us that waiting does not require abandoning faith.
David
David was anointed to become king, but he did not immediately sit on the throne.
He experienced danger, rejection, persecution, and uncertainty.
Yet he continued trusting God.
Psalm 40:1
“I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.”
Hannah
Hannah prayed for a child while carrying the pain of a long-standing situation.
She continued bringing her request before God.
1 Samuel 1:10
“And she was in bitterness of soul, and prayed unto the LORD, and wept sore.”
Her story reminds us that God sees the tears people shed in private.
Daniel
Daniel prayed and continued seeking God even when the answer did not immediately appear.
Daniel 10:12
“Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand... thy words were heard...”
This is a powerful reminder:
Being in a waiting season does not mean your prayer is automatically unheard.
What Should You Do When Deliverance Seems Delayed?
1. Continue Praying
Do not allow delay to silence your prayer life.
Luke 18:1
“...men ought always to pray, and not to faint.”
Prayer is not only about obtaining an immediate answer.
Prayer also strengthens your relationship with God.
2. Keep Trusting God
Proverbs 3:5
“Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.”
You may not understand what is happening.
Trust God anyway.
3. Examine Your Life Honestly
This does not mean blaming yourself for every problem.
It means being willing to ask:
- Is there anything I need to repent of?
- Is there anything God is asking me to change?
- Am I refusing to forgive someone?
- Am I continuing a destructive behavior?
- Do I need wise counsel?
- Is there a practical step I need to take?
Psalm 139:23-24
“Search me, O God, and know my heart...”
4. Continue Reading the Word
Romans 10:17
“So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”
When circumstances are speaking fear, let Scripture speak faith.
5. Do Not Let Discouragement Take Over
Galatians 6:9
“And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.”
Your current situation does not have to determine your final testimony.
How to Pray When Deliverance Seems Delayed
You can pray these prayer points whenever it is convenient for you.
There is no requirement to complete them according to a particular number of days.
You may:
- Pray all 50 at once.
- Pray selected points during your personal prayer time.
- Return to particular prayer points repeatedly.
- Pray in the morning, afternoon, evening, or whenever you have time.
- Read the accompanying Bible verses before praying.
- Pray slowly and sincerely rather than rushing.
- Spend more time on the prayer points that speak directly to your situation.
The goal is not to complete a certain number of prayers as though the number itself guarantees an answer.
Pray with faith, remain consistent, seek God's wisdom, and continue walking according to His Word.
50 Powerful Prayer Points When Deliverance Seems Delayed
1. Father, give me grace to continue trusting You even when I cannot see the answer, in the name of Jesus.
Proverbs 3:5
“Trust in the LORD with all thine heart...”
2. Lord, strengthen my heart while I wait for Your intervention, in the name of Jesus.
Psalm 27:14
“Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart...”
3. Father, deliver me from discouragement and spiritual weariness, in the name of Jesus.
Isaiah 40:31
“They that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength...”
4. Lord, help me not to abandon prayer because my answer has not yet appeared, in the name of Jesus.
Luke 18:1
“...men ought always to pray, and not to faint.”
5. Father, increase my faith while I wait for my testimony, in the name of Jesus.
Hebrews 11:1
“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for...”
6. Lord, give me patience to wait for Your appointed time, in the name of Jesus.
Ecclesiastes 3:11
“He hath made every thing beautiful in his time...”
7. Father, remove every spirit of hopelessness from my heart, in the name of Jesus.
Romans 15:13
“Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing...”
8. Lord, let Your peace rule over my heart while I wait, in the name of Jesus.
Philippians 4:7
“And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”
9. Father, help me to trust Your wisdom when I do not understand my circumstances, in the name of Jesus.
Isaiah 55:8-9
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.”
10. Lord, give me strength to continue standing in faith, in the name of Jesus.
Ephesians 6:13
“...having done all, to stand.”
11. Father, let every legitimate obstacle standing in the way of my progress be exposed and addressed, in the name of Jesus.
Psalm 139:23
“Search me, O God, and know my heart...”
12. Lord, reveal anything in my life that requires repentance or correction, in the name of Jesus.
Lamentations 3:40
“Let us search and try our ways, and turn again to the LORD.”
13. Father, give me grace to obey every instruction You give me, in the name of Jesus.
Deuteronomy 28:1
“...if thou shalt diligently hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God...”
14. Lord, help me to forgive everyone I need to forgive, in the name of Jesus.
Colossians 3:13
“...forgiving one another...”
15. Father, remove bitterness and resentment from my heart, in the name of Jesus.
Hebrews 12:15
“...lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you...”
16. Lord, renew my mind with Your Word, in the name of Jesus.
Romans 12:2
“Be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind...”
17. Father, silence every voice of fear and hopelessness speaking against my faith, in the name of Jesus.
2 Timothy 1:7
“For God hath not given us the spirit of fear...”
18. Lord, give me discernment to know what steps I should take concerning my situation, in the name of Jesus.
James 1:5
“If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God...”
19. Father, connect me with wise and godly counsel when I need it, in the name of Jesus.
Proverbs 11:14
“...in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.”
20. Lord, give me courage to take every practical step that is necessary for my situation, in the name of Jesus.
James 2:17
“Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.”
21. Father, strengthen me against every temptation to give up, in the name of Jesus.
Galatians 6:9
“...let us not be weary in well doing...”
22. Lord, help me to wait without becoming spiritually cold, in the name of Jesus.
Romans 12:11
“Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord.”
23. Father, restore my passion for prayer, in the name of Jesus.
Romans 12:12
“...continuing instant in prayer.”
24. Lord, give me fresh hunger for Your Word, in the name of Jesus.
Psalm 119:105
“Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.”
25. Father, strengthen my confidence in Your faithfulness, in the name of Jesus.
Lamentations 3:22-23
“It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed... great is thy faithfulness.”
26. Lord, help me to remember the victories You have already given me, in the name of Jesus.
Psalm 103:2
“Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits.”
27. Father, let past testimonies strengthen my faith for what I am facing today, in the name of Jesus.
1 Samuel 17:37
“The LORD that delivered me out of the paw of the lion... he will deliver me...”
28. Lord, deliver me from anxiety about the future, in the name of Jesus.
Philippians 4:6
“Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.”
29. Father, teach me to cast every burden upon You, in the name of Jesus.
Psalm 55:22
“Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee...”
30. Lord, give me supernatural strength when I feel weak, in the name of Jesus.
2 Corinthians 12:9
“My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.”
31. Father, help me not to compare my journey with the journey of others, in the name of Jesus.
Galatians 6:4
“But let every man prove his own work...”
32. Lord, protect me from making desperate decisions because of delayed answers, in the name of Jesus.
Psalm 37:7
“Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him...”
33. Father, give me wisdom to recognize false solutions that could lead me away from You, in the name of Jesus.
Proverbs 14:12
“There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.”
34. Lord, help me to seek You rather than seeking shortcuts, in the name of Jesus.
Matthew 6:33
“But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness...”
35. Father, let every destructive habit that keeps me from walking in freedom be broken through Your transforming grace, in the name of Jesus.
Romans 6:14
“For sin shall not have dominion over you...”
36. Lord, give me grace to resist temptation whenever it comes, in the name of Jesus.
James 4:7
“Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”
37. Father, strengthen my spiritual discernment and help me recognize truth from error, in the name of Jesus.
1 John 4:1
“Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God...”
38. Lord, let Your light expose every area of confusion in my life, in the name of Jesus.
Psalm 119:130
“The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.”
39. Father, give me grace to remain steadfast until my appointed season of breakthrough, in the name of Jesus.
Habakkuk 2:3
“Though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come...”
40. Lord, help me to rejoice in You even while I am waiting, in the name of Jesus.
Habakkuk 3:17-18
“Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.”
41. Father, let my waiting season produce spiritual maturity in me, in the name of Jesus.
James 1:3-4
“...the trying of your faith worketh patience.”
42. Lord, teach me what You want me to learn during this season, in the name of Jesus.
Psalm 25:4
“Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths.”
43. Father, help me to recognize Your presence even before I see the answer, in the name of Jesus.
Hebrews 13:5
“I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.”
44. Lord, strengthen my confidence that You hear the prayers of Your children, in the name of Jesus.
1 John 5:14
“And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us.”
45. Father, give me grace to continue believing Your promises, in the name of Jesus.
Numbers 23:19
“God is not a man, that he should lie...”
46. Lord, let my testimony come forth according to Your perfect will and timing, in the name of Jesus.
Psalm 40:1-2
“I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.”
47. Father, turn my waiting season into a season of deeper intimacy with You, in the name of Jesus.
James 4:8
“Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you.”
48. Lord, restore my hope whenever disappointment tries to overwhelm me, in the name of Jesus.
Psalm 42:11
“Hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him...”
49. Father, let my faith remain strong until I see the manifestation of Your will, in the name of Jesus.
Hebrews 10:35-36
“Cast not away therefore your confidence... For ye have need of patience...”
50. Father, I surrender my situation completely into Your hands. Give me strength to wait, wisdom to act when action is required, courage to obey Your Word, and faith to continue trusting You. Deliver me from fear, discouragement, impatience, bitterness, and desperation. Let every lesson You desire me to learn during this season produce good fruit in my life. Lead me according to Your perfect will, and let my testimony bring glory to Your name. I refuse to give up on You. I choose to trust You, seek You, and continue walking with You until Your purpose for my life is fulfilled, in the mighty name of Jesus.
Psalm 27:14
“Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.”
Bible Verses for When Deliverance Seems Delayed
When you feel discouraged, meditate on these Scriptures:
Psalm 27:14
“Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart...”
Habakkuk 2:3
“Though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come...”
Isaiah 40:31
“They that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength...”
Psalm 40:1
“I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.”
Galatians 6:9
“...in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.”
Romans 8:28
“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God...”
Jeremiah 29:11
“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD...”
Psalm 34:17
“The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.”
Micah 7:7
“Therefore I will look unto the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation...”
Hebrews 10:36
“For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.”
Important: Do Not Let Delay Produce Fear
One of the greatest dangers during a difficult season is allowing fear to become greater than faith.
You may begin thinking:
“Maybe God has forgotten me.”
“Maybe I will never be free.”
“Maybe my situation will never change.”
Do not allow those thoughts to become your foundation.
Instead, return to God's promises.
Isaiah 41:10
“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God...”
God's presence is not determined by how quickly your circumstances change.
You can trust Him even while you wait.
Do Not Seek Dangerous Shortcuts
When people become desperate for deliverance, they can become vulnerable to anyone who promises instant results.
Be careful.
Do not abandon biblical Christianity because you are tired of waiting.
Do not seek occult practices, spiritual substitutes, or ungodly methods for obtaining freedom.
Deuteronomy 18:10-12
The Bible strongly warns God's people against occult practices and divination.
Your desperation should drive you closer to God, not toward practices that contradict His Word.
When You Need More Than Prayer
Prayer is essential, but prayer does not mean refusing every other form of wise help.
If your situation involves physical illness, severe emotional distress, addiction, abuse, financial problems, legal problems, or another practical difficulty, seek appropriate qualified help alongside prayer.
God can work through:
- Wise Christian counsel
- Pastoral guidance
- Medical professionals
- Mental-health professionals
- Trusted family members
- Legal or financial professionals
- Practical changes in your circumstances
Seeking appropriate help is not a lack of faith.
Proverbs 15:22
“Without counsel purposes are disappointed: but in the multitude of counsellors they are established.”
A Powerful Prayer When You Feel You Cannot Wait Any Longer
Heavenly Father,
I come before You with my heart open.
You know the situation I am facing.
You know how long I have waited.
You know every prayer I have prayed and every tear I have shed.
Lord, strengthen me.
When I am discouraged, encourage me.
When I am weak, strengthen me.
When I am confused, give me wisdom.
When I am afraid, give me peace.
When I am tempted to give up, help me continue.
Search my heart and reveal anything that needs to change.
Give me grace to repent where I need to repent.
Give me courage to take the practical steps I need to take.
Give me patience to wait for Your timing.
Protect me from false solutions and desperate decisions.
Let Your Word become stronger in me than the voice of fear.
I choose to trust You.
I choose to seek You.
I choose to continue praying.
I choose to continue believing.
I choose to continue walking with Christ.
And when my testimony comes, let me remember that You were faithful throughout the entire journey.
In the mighty name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Final Encouragement
If deliverance seems delayed, do not assume that your story is over.
Joseph had a waiting season.
David had a waiting season.
Hannah had a waiting season.
Daniel experienced a period of waiting.
God's people throughout Scripture learned to trust Him through seasons when the answer was not immediately visible.
Your responsibility is to continue seeking God faithfully.
Pray.
Read His Word.
Trust Him.
Examine your life honestly.
Take wise practical steps.
Seek godly counsel when necessary.
Resist temptation.
And refuse to let discouragement make your decisions for you.
Psalm 34:17
“The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.”
The waiting season may be difficult, but you do not have to walk through it without God.
Keep praying. Keep believing. Keep walking with Christ.
Your current situation does not have to be the final chapter of your testimony.
In the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.
Related Articles
- Prayer Points After Deliverance to Stay Free: 50 Powerful Prayers
- How to Know If Deliverance Has Truly Taken Place: 10 Signs of Genuine Deliverance
- Signs That a Deliverance Needs Further Prayer and Spiritual Support
- Prayer Points Before Going for Deliverance
- Deliverance Prayers for New Believers
- Morning Prayers After a Night of Spiritual Attack
- Bible Characters Who Experienced Deliverance
- 50 Prayer Points Against Demonic Resistance
- 50 Prayer Points Against Stubborn Enemies
Share Your Testimony
If these prayers have encouraged you, you can share your testimony or prayer request.
Your testimony may encourage another person who is waiting for God's intervention.
May the Lord strengthen your faith, guide your steps, give you wisdom during your waiting season, and lead you into the freedom and purpose He has prepared for you.
In Jesus' mighty name. Amen.
Pastor Teddy Omozegbai







Comments
Post a Comment